12 Aug 9 Great Places to Take Photos in the Phoenix Valley
At Phelps LaClair, with offices in Gilbert, Chandler, and Mesa, we love the outdoor opportunities available to us in the Phoenix Valley. There are so many wonderful things to do, places to go, and much to see. One of the extraordinary advantages of living here is the incredible scenery of cities, mountains and deserts. If you love photography, grab your camera and head on out to some of the best places that offer spectacular photo ops in Phoenix.
- Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch offers some delightful scenery in hidden alcoves; a perfect backdrop for portraits of friends and loved ones.
- Water Ranch Lake is a stone’s throw away from Riparian Preserve. Shoot during the late afternoon golden hour for stunning views of the lake.
- Freestone Park is another great place to shoot in Gilbert. With a waterfall, lake and lawns, it provides excellent scenery for portraiture. Weddings, fashion, and kids will be stars in this setting.
- Downtown Chandler is perfect for photographers who like to discover the unique within the ordinary. City Hall, old buildings with arches and columns, and covered pathways exude charm. Look closely and you will find marvelous settings for your photos.
- Desert Breeze Park is a playground for kids . . . and photographers. With carousels, locomotive rides and pools, you will find many happy faces for those special portraits.
- Veterans Oasis Park is another terrific setting for wedding photos, as it offers both wetland marshes and dry desert habitats. It is 113 acres waiting to be explored by those photographers who love nature.
- The Rose Garden at Mesa Community College is home to the largest and most diverse collection of roses in the desert Southwest. What a beautiful backdrop for romantic portraits and fashion photography.
- Usery Mountain Regional Park is a desertland park situated in the Goldfield Mountains. If you like vast desert vistas and/or desert flora and fauna, this is the place for you.
- Downtown Mesa offers stunning opportunities for the discerning eye. Art lovers flock to the Mesa Art Center for its murals and sculpture. Take advantage of this picturesque beauty and incorporate others’ artistic expressions into your own art.
Phoenix loves to have its picture taken! These are only a few of the many places that offer the casual or professional photographer attractive and unique settings for photography. As estate planners in Phoenix, at Phelps LaClair, we recognize the health benefits of outdoor activities and creative expression, so don’t feel like you need to limit yourself to our suggestions listed here. There are plenty more photo ops in Phoenix for those willing to explore. Happy snapping!