Christmas Festivities in Phoenix
Last Updated on
Christmas in the desert: can it really be that festive? We shout out a resounding “YES” to answer that question! Phoenix has a tremendous amount to offer when it comes to Yuletide festivities. Phelps LaClair, located in Gilbert and Scottsdale, is passionate about estate planning, but also about taking time throughout the holidays to embrace what the valley offers in fun, family-friendly activities!
Christmas in Phoenix
Events throughout the valley vary from beautiful light displays, nativity scenes, wonderful holiday food options, and even great plays or theatrical events. Some of the delightful festivities you can join include:
- Christmas at the Princess: The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Hotel puts on a beautiful holiday display with thousands of lights, a beautiful big Christmas tree, and a real ice skating rink that transforms the desert into a Winter Wonderland! While at the Princess Hotel you can visit Santa’s Secret Headquarters, meet holiday characters, enjoy the thousands of lagoon lights, and even ride the Princess express train.
- Mesa Temple Garden Lights: Every year the beautiful Mesa Temple puts on a light display consisting of hundreds of thousands of lights that uniquely illuminate palm trees and the lovely gardens that surround the temple. It’s a free event put on by volunteers, and it’s open every evening.
- Glendale Glitters: This famous tradition is an annual event in Arizona, displaying over 1.6 million LED lights. The largest free holiday display in Arizona, its lights come on every night at 6 pm. Grab a delicious hot chocolate or other holiday goodies from stores in Glendale’s downtown area, and take a stroll to gaze at all the sparkling beauty.
- A Christmas Carol, The Musical: Experience a wonderful rendition of this Charles Dickens classic play at Fountain Hills Theater.
- A Cirque Nutcracker: The Phoenix Symphony performs a spectacular performance of Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker, partnered with the majestic movements of the world-renowned Troupe Vertigo. It is a breath-taking experience that will leave you wanting more.
There are so many options in the desert for embracing the beauty and excitement of the holidays in the Phoenix area. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from Phelps LaClair!