Find Fresh Fruits and Veggies in Arizona at These Local Farmers Markets
Did you know that June is national fresh fruits and vegetables month? Visiting your local farmers market is the perfect way to celebrate. In Arizona, farmers can harvest produce all year round, so you’re sure to find everything you need for your favorite seasonal recipes. At Phelps LaClair, we love to support our community, so we put together this list of local farmers markets where you can find delicious fruits and veggies near Phoenix.
Four Farmers Markets in and around Phoenix, Arizona
1: Downtown Phoenix Farmers Market
The Downtown Phoenix Farmers Market is open all year round, rain or shine, and offers a variety of fresh local produce. This outdoor market is run by Community Food Connections, a nonprofit organization that makes fresh, nutritious food more accessible to the Phoenix community. If you’re in the Phoenix Valley, come on down to support local small businesses and farmers.
- Cash, credit cards, EBT, WIC, and FMNP coupons are all accepted at the Downtown Phoenix Farmers Market.
- It is open every Saturday 7:30 am to 11:30 am from May through September, then 8 am to 1 pm from October through April.
- The market is located at 720 N 5th Street Phoenix, AZ 85004 (5th Street and McKinley).
2: Downtown Chandler Farmers Market
You can find fresh seasonal produce, herbs, and beautiful flowers at the Downtown Chandler Farmers Market. With over thirty local vendors and artisans, you’ll also find fresh baked goods and meats, and discover unique arts and crafts. There’s plenty of free parking, nearby shops and restaurants, and many interesting events in downtown Chandler, so you can easily turn a trip to the farmers market into a family outing.
- The Downtown Chandler Farmers Market accepts cash, credit cards, WIC, and FMNP coupons.
- It is open on Saturdays from 9 am to 1 pm October through May, and from 7 am to 10:30 am June through September .
- The market location is 3 South Arizona Ave., Chandler, AZ 85225 (AJ Chandler Park on the Green Belt).
3: Gilbert Farmers Market
With over sixty vendors in summer and even more in the fall and spring, you’re sure to find all the products you need at the Gilbert Farmers Market. This market features locally grown produce from nearby farms, but that’s not all! You can also expect food trucks, games, and entertainment the whole family can enjoy.
- The Gilbert Farmers Market accepts cash, and most of the vendors will accept credit cards.
- It is open Saturdays all year round from 7 am to 11 am (May through September) or 8 am to 12 pm (October through April). However, the market is closed on the following dates in 2022: July 2nd, November 19th, December 24th, and December 31st.
- The market is located at 222 N Ash St, Gilbert, AZ 85234 (Park and Ride just West of the Water Tower).
4: Downtown Mesa Farmers Market
Experience local art and live music while you shop for fresh fruits and vegetables from local small farmers at the Downtown Mesa Farmers Market. As a nonprofit organization, this farmers market is dedicated to supporting and fostering new and existing local small businesses in Arizona. This market is also dog-friendly (as long as the dog is on a leash), so you won’t have to leave your furry friend at home when you spend the morning in downtown Mesa.
- Cash is accepted at the Downtown Mesa Farmers Market, and some vendors even accept downtown Mesa gift cards.
- The market is open year-round on Saturdays from 8 am to 11 am in the summer (May through September) and 8 am to 12 pm the rest of the year.
- The market is located at 1 East Main Street, Mesa, Arizona 85201 (Mesa Arts Center).
Estate Planning Attorneys in Phoenix, Arizona
Visiting local farmers markets is a wonderful way to spend valuable time with family and friends. At Phelps LaClair, we want to help you provide for the futures of your loved ones with a wide range of estate planning services.
It’s never too early to get started on your estate plan! If you have any questions about estate planning or would like to review your current plan, give us a call at 480-892-2488 to schedule a consultation.