- This event has passed.
Facing the Reality of Long-Term Care
March 7, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
This seminar is full. Please click here for more dates.
A free lunch seminar for clients and friends of Phelps LaClair and their loved ones.
For many people today, probate and estate taxes are no longer the primary threats to draining their estates and negatively affecting their loved ones: the real threat is Long-Term Nursing Care! Did you know that for someone 65 years of age, there is almost a 70% chance of eventually needing long-term care? And are you aware that the incredibly huge costs of that care could wipe out home equity, bank accounts, IRAs and other investments?
You’ve worked a lifetime for what you have, and there are solutions to protect your assets! Come and spend just 90 minutes with us at a complimentary “lunch and learn” event to find out:
- What are the expected costs of future long-term care?
- How to protect your assets from these costs, even if someone is already in failing health or in a nursing home
- Why a Living Trust is not enough to protect assets from nursing home costs
- The pitfalls of trying to protect your assets by gifting them into your children’s names
- 10 myths about the government benefit known as Medicaid
- Alternative ways to pay for nursing home care apart from Medicaid
All guests will be offered a free attorney consultation and special fee discount!